Last night was great. We hosted home church and after our meal, Duane got us started on a discussion of where we currently are with God -- and where we want to be. I've realized lately that I often think in the future... and even put my relationship with God in those terms. As we talked last night, I was reminded that God is with us in our present circumstances and we would be wrong to think that he is only waiting for us around the next corner. His word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path -- but an oil lamp (of the type he probably was describing) does not give off much light. Let us learn to be content in our circumstances ... but not only that, let us also learn to expect God's presence in our current circumstances. He is most certainly here with us -- even now.

Comments