Last night, it suddenly occurred to me that I mentally divide my time into only two primary categories: work and vacation. Definitely I have time with my wife and friends... after work. And sure I read Scripture, worship with others, and even lead a Bible study... after (or before) work. Certainly I am mindful of God at various times during the work-day. And I always think wistfully towards vacations -- those times when I don't have to think about work. Perhaps those who are more spiritually mature than I -- they can manage to think about God and pray all through their work day and their vacation day. But I wonder if I shouldn't add a third category to my life: Spiritual Plans... concentrated times of learning more about prayer, about Scripture, about God, or perhaps... learning to serve Him by spending time with Saints more active than I.
Some ideas for Spiritual Plans:
- Spend a week practicing prayer
- Join up with believers in India or Africa (where Christians generally pray more than we do and are more in-tune spiritually)
- Fast and pray.
- Better yet, get out into God's creation and fast and pray!
Some ideas for Spiritual Plans:
- Spend a week practicing prayer
- Join up with believers in India or Africa (where Christians generally pray more than we do and are more in-tune spiritually)
- Fast and pray.
- Better yet, get out into God's creation and fast and pray!
Comments