From Rudy Carrasco at Urban Onramps...
My buddy doing relief work in Baghdad writes:
Had the most amazing day today. I spent 7 hours walking through the "South Bronx" of Baghdad-- the "hood". I really wanted to see this area and meet people there. I'm actually praying about moving there if I can find a place. It's serious. Our Iraqi staff won't even stop the car there. Lot's of crime of every kind. There was really a lot of animosity towards me as an obvious foreigner....
On one very bad street a guy came charging at me flipping me off and yelling "F Bush!, F America, kill Bush!, kill Americans!" And he was heavily armed and ready to follow through! Long story short, I prayed, smiled big, put my hand on his shoulder, let him vent a bit, then I told him that only God can bring peace and prosperity to Iraq and I asked if I could pray for him and his two friends who were there also. He was surprised but said yes, I did, and a little while after that he was smiling, buying me tea, calling me his good friend, and making me promise to come back tomorrow....
I would like to start some development projects in this area if God opens the doors for that, and maybe move into this area to help facilitate these projects.
My buddy doing relief work in Baghdad writes:
Had the most amazing day today. I spent 7 hours walking through the "South Bronx" of Baghdad-- the "hood". I really wanted to see this area and meet people there. I'm actually praying about moving there if I can find a place. It's serious. Our Iraqi staff won't even stop the car there. Lot's of crime of every kind. There was really a lot of animosity towards me as an obvious foreigner....
On one very bad street a guy came charging at me flipping me off and yelling "F Bush!, F America, kill Bush!, kill Americans!" And he was heavily armed and ready to follow through! Long story short, I prayed, smiled big, put my hand on his shoulder, let him vent a bit, then I told him that only God can bring peace and prosperity to Iraq and I asked if I could pray for him and his two friends who were there also. He was surprised but said yes, I did, and a little while after that he was smiling, buying me tea, calling me his good friend, and making me promise to come back tomorrow....
I would like to start some development projects in this area if God opens the doors for that, and maybe move into this area to help facilitate these projects.
Comments