Schindler's List and the Passion
I've heard a lot of criticism of The Passion lately ... much of it saying that it unfairly or unjustly blames the Jews. This seems a bit absurd considering that Jesus himself was a Jew and that (as Mel Gibson recently noted) no Swedes or Germans or Americans were likely to have been in Jerusalem at the time of his death.
My good friend Travis White today had an interesting thought about all this... Jesus' death, while brutal, was certainly less bloody than the graphic horror of the holocaust as portrayed in Schindler's List. I don't recall anyone remarking "this will incite hatred of Germans" after seeing Spielberg's movie.
This story is under everyone's skin in someway or another.
I've heard a lot of criticism of The Passion lately ... much of it saying that it unfairly or unjustly blames the Jews. This seems a bit absurd considering that Jesus himself was a Jew and that (as Mel Gibson recently noted) no Swedes or Germans or Americans were likely to have been in Jerusalem at the time of his death.
My good friend Travis White today had an interesting thought about all this... Jesus' death, while brutal, was certainly less bloody than the graphic horror of the holocaust as portrayed in Schindler's List. I don't recall anyone remarking "this will incite hatred of Germans" after seeing Spielberg's movie.
This story is under everyone's skin in someway or another.
Comments