Jason Evans and Mike Bishop on Church
When I was in junior high I remember looking at depictions of Civil War scenes in our history books. It seemed so odd to see military leaders, gentleman and ladies standing on hillsides watching the battle below. Safe. Removed. Above the chaos. That was me when I first entered into church leadership. But now, I see the role of church leader more like William Wallace in the movie Braveheart. We are the humble servants, the encouragers, one out of many, and maybe just the first to run out in front of danger’s way… nothing more. For Wallace it wasn’t about that battle alone but about what that battle produced for the people he lived life with.
(read more)
When I was in junior high I remember looking at depictions of Civil War scenes in our history books. It seemed so odd to see military leaders, gentleman and ladies standing on hillsides watching the battle below. Safe. Removed. Above the chaos. That was me when I first entered into church leadership. But now, I see the role of church leader more like William Wallace in the movie Braveheart. We are the humble servants, the encouragers, one out of many, and maybe just the first to run out in front of danger’s way… nothing more. For Wallace it wasn’t about that battle alone but about what that battle produced for the people he lived life with.
(read more)
Comments