Things have been pretty good since we got here. The classes are absolutely fascinating and I am finding that in addition to learning a ton, I have also picked up the student's habit of asking lots of questions about life, economics, God, everything.
Kristina & I have been reading some great books ... I am reading Mere Christianity, and together we are reading Perelandra aloud. I had forgotten what an influential book Perelandra was for me. Lewis has some remarkable insights into why God created us male & female.
The classes have been very helpful in terms of what area of business practice I will try to end up in. Things are pointing more and more towards marketing. The questions I am always asking about why a company advertises a particular way or how it is that some things cost more than others, are finding their answers in lively class discussions.
Tomorrow the school is hosting a chief economist from the IMF (International Monetary Fund - the group that lends money to struggling countries) and his topic is "The Social Benefits of the Stock Market". For those of you who know me well, and those that don't, this is exactly the sort of thing which fascinates me ... how to stimulate growth and give people an incentive to provide for themselves. Great stuff.
Kristina & I have been reading some great books ... I am reading Mere Christianity, and together we are reading Perelandra aloud. I had forgotten what an influential book Perelandra was for me. Lewis has some remarkable insights into why God created us male & female.
The classes have been very helpful in terms of what area of business practice I will try to end up in. Things are pointing more and more towards marketing. The questions I am always asking about why a company advertises a particular way or how it is that some things cost more than others, are finding their answers in lively class discussions.
Tomorrow the school is hosting a chief economist from the IMF (International Monetary Fund - the group that lends money to struggling countries) and his topic is "The Social Benefits of the Stock Market". For those of you who know me well, and those that don't, this is exactly the sort of thing which fascinates me ... how to stimulate growth and give people an incentive to provide for themselves. Great stuff.
Comments
All the best to you and your wife!