Some of you may know that my mother teaches at a prison school for incarcerated youth. It's a pretty tough place, but after moving back to the United States from Moscow, she enjoys the challenge. A student recently gave her this poem:
One day an angel fell from the sky.
And till this day I wonder why.
She ended up at ***********.
She always inspired me no matter what it took.
While I was locked up and in green scrubs,
She made me feel like I was someone.
With a smile as beautiful as the sun,
She never let me down.
I hope that she remembers me when I come back around.
I visualize myself in 10 years.
While she cries her happy tears.
I'll finally have fulfilled my dreams
It's such a long way off it seems.
If my plans fail she will always be there.
To make sure that my goals are not impaired.
I'll never forget her as long as I live.
She's the definition of what inspiration is
One day an angel fell from the sky.
And till this day I wonder why.
She ended up at ***********.
She always inspired me no matter what it took.
While I was locked up and in green scrubs,
She made me feel like I was someone.
With a smile as beautiful as the sun,
She never let me down.
I hope that she remembers me when I come back around.
I visualize myself in 10 years.
While she cries her happy tears.
I'll finally have fulfilled my dreams
It's such a long way off it seems.
If my plans fail she will always be there.
To make sure that my goals are not impaired.
I'll never forget her as long as I live.
She's the definition of what inspiration is
Comments