What a night ... the last night of my 20s! Right now I am sitting in my hotel room here in Brussels, and I am actually excited about turning 30 tomorrow. Without sounding trite, God has been good these past years ... passing out challenges and trials, delights and gifts - all in perfect proportion. God has a great version of this in the bible where it says, "What did you have that you did not receive" What great presents we all get! Even the hard parts turn out to have been meaningful and good when we learn to see them from the right perspective!
I'm so grateful for my wife, for the trip around the world and the friends who lived it with me, for how fascinating Jesus is, for all the things I've learned about being the church from the Jolley Brothers, from house church, from bloggers, and from the Message. I think of all I've learned through the struggles in my family a few years ago, through my neighbors' battle with drug abuse and depression, through things still too painful to pen. I delight in my excellent wife, in family always close, in honest and courageous friends.
I'm content to let my twenties say farewell and as for the future, there is a gift on the way ... in fact, the gift is in my wife's belly! My son will be born in just 5 months. my son!! My gift request is that you would pray for my family and for my wife and for my soon to be born son.
I'm so grateful for my wife, for the trip around the world and the friends who lived it with me, for how fascinating Jesus is, for all the things I've learned about being the church from the Jolley Brothers, from house church, from bloggers, and from the Message. I think of all I've learned through the struggles in my family a few years ago, through my neighbors' battle with drug abuse and depression, through things still too painful to pen. I delight in my excellent wife, in family always close, in honest and courageous friends.
I'm content to let my twenties say farewell and as for the future, there is a gift on the way ... in fact, the gift is in my wife's belly! My son will be born in just 5 months. my son!! My gift request is that you would pray for my family and for my wife and for my soon to be born son.
Comments
_dave_
D. Goodmanson