Seven years ago, I spent six weeks with this group in Bangladesh. Today, I got an email saying that two members of the group had been brutally murdered. They weren't guys I knew, but some of our friends from Bangladesh were very close to these two. Pray for their work and for their families and their nation.
From the Daily Star:
From the Daily Star:
"The locals said Tapan and Liplal, besides their usual activities on arsenic, mother and child health, prevention of early marriage, AIDS and other public awareness programmes, also used to screen videos on the life of Jesus Christ.
The lone employees of the NGO in the area, the two had been working for the last eight months in Alphadanga and Boalmari upazilas, where some people reportedly opposed their activities.
Officer-in-charge (OC) of Boalmari Police Station Abdur Rouf said previous enmity might have been behind the killings."
Comments